Thursday, May 29, 2008

Something beautiful

Yea!! I finally have lilacs of my own! I have been wanting a lilac bush for forever because I think they are beautiful and smell yummy! Well, our old neighbors had some bushes that were planted right by our back fence that were always beautiful. I always wished I could go cut some off every summer. :) I know, a little coveteous.... Anyway, one day, they went and cut them all down, leaving a few branches on our side of the fence (cuz they started growing there...). Aaron said that it would be a year or two till I would ever see flowers on my new branches, but sure enough, I think it's been 2 years now. God gave me flowers this year! I was so happy and thrilled to see them growing there this year. I just had to pick some and bring them into our house! It smelled so good! Thank you, God, for your "little" wonders and for bringing me joy through these pretty flowers!


Mom, I saved these pictures mostly for you. I know you love them, too! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jen, does this ever bring back memories? remember cutting these in elementary school to give to our teachers?? i don't think it ever helped me get an A though. :) glad you have them now!